Sierra Leoneans across the globe are calling on the President Maada Bio administration to investigate the past administration of his predecessor, Ernest Bai Koroma.
This follows reports that a South Korean court on Friday sentenced the impeached President Park Geun-hye to 24 years in jail with a fine of 18 billion won (17 million U.S. dollars) after She was found guilty of bribery and corruption over a scandal that exposed webs of corruption between political leaders and the country’s conglomerates.
A concered Sierra Leonean wrote: “Maada Bio is talking a lot about discipline, well accountability and transparency is the ultimate form of discipline and Maada has to prove to us that he is a disciplined man willing to put Sierra Leone first. He has to investigate how they have managed or mismanaged our economy, their source of instant wealth and what not. If he fails to investigate the plethora of improprieties listed below then his presidency will be a failed president.
Below are some of the issues that need to be investigated and acted upon. Failure to do so will mean that he is just as corrupt and unpatriotic as the administration he is succeeding and he would have failed the people of Sierra Leone.
We are watching.
1. Mamamah Airport contract termination.
2. Mining concession contracts some signed on the last day of parliament.
3. Vulture contracts with dubious land grabbing outfits, depriving our farmers, remember the Malen Farmers beaten, harassed, imprisoned and driven off their land.
4. Fuel subsidy removal saga
5. All commodity prices are about to go up again due to agreement signed by EBK.
6. The sale of Sierra Rutile by Ernest Bai Koroma and John Sesay. Our minerals have to be nationalized, they are not and shouldn’t be for sale.
7. Ebola Gate
8. Ferry Gate
9. FBC rehabilitation Gate
10. Mudslide Gate
11. Road construction projects contracts, sub contracts and bidding process needs to be investigated.
12. The rehabilitation of Lungi Airport cost needs to be investigated.
13. Military weapons and equipment contracts need to be investigated.
14. The murder of several people including a retired colonel that went uninvestigated.
15. The hillcot road contract awarded to Gento.
16. The insurance of all government vehicles by Ernest Bai Koroma’s insurance company with insurance still being paid for vehicles no longer in service.
17. Bus Gate
18. Hajj gate
19. Electricity ship
22. PORTS AUTHORITY
23. Sale of diamonds
24. Estacodes and per diems
25. Freedom of speech, Human and Civil Rights abuses.
26. Auditor general’s report.
27. African Minerals contract.
28. Chinese construction of Ernest Bai Koroma’s houses and APC offices.
29. Electricity Power Plant contracts.
30. All loans taken out by the EBK administration that amounted to the 2 billion dollar debt have to be investigated.