Ebola Burial

Sierra Leone has indicated  two new cases of deadly disease, Ebola in Tonkolili district after a man died last week in the area where the deadly virus had not been seen for months.

On Sunday the National Ebola Response Centre confirmed that the two new cases are relatives of a man who contracted the virus in mid-July.

The organization said: “We now know where the virus is and we are tracking its movement, by surrounding, containing and eradicating its last remaining chain of transmission. Authorities moved quickly to contain the spread, but more cases are feared.”

Authorities quarantined 500 people.

The source says that the victim contracted the disease in the capital, Freetown, and then travelled to his home village to mark the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. He was treated for a fever at the local hospital but authorities did not call the Ebola emergency number, it explains.

It should be noted that Northern Tonkolili had not had a single case of Ebola in about  five months.

Ebola outbreak has killed more than 11,200 people worldwide.